Are you pursuing a health career?If healthcare is a career option you are considering, Northwestern Medical Center wants to help you discover the path that is right for you. Once you’ve discovered where your passion in healthcare lies, NMC can also help fund your education. We are proud to be able to offer scholarships designed to support the educational paths of future providers in Vermont. If you are in the beginning stages or just checking a health career out, view our resources to the left for more information on education and career options.
Northwestern Medical Center & Vermont Tech Registered Nurse Program
- This scholarship is available to high school graduates who reside in the Northwestern Medical Center (NMC) service area or are dependents of NMC employees and who will be pursing a Registered Nurse degree through Vermont Technical College (VTC).
- Candidates must meet requirements outlined by VTC for their RN Program.
- Candidates must be willing to accept per diem employment as a Licensed Nursing Assistant in an inpatient setting with NMC following their first semester at VTC. This requires an LNA license upon completion of 1st semester at VTC. **Employment Application required
- Candidates must be willing to accept new graduate Registered Nurse positions at NMC following completion of degree at VTC. **Employment Application required.
- Candidates must be willing to remain employed by NMC for a minimum of 3 years following completion of RN degree with VTC, in a benefit eligible status (Part-Time or Full-Time status).
Sponsored By: NMC
Number Given: Varies, between 1 and 5
Scholarship Amount: Varies, covering tuition for nursing program
2024 Deadline: January 31
Contact: Kelly Campbell, 802-752-1999, [email protected].
Health Professions Scholarship
The NMC and the Wennar Scholarship Committee are pleased to award scholarships to graduating seniors from Franklin County High Schools who are entering collegiate study in a health care field. This scholarship is not based on financial need — it is awarded based on a student’s academic performance and community service. One or more scholarships will be awarded each year, with one scholarship going to a student pursuing a career in nursing. The scholarships are funded through the Martin H. Wennar, MD, Health Education Fund. Each spring, NMC hosts the annual Health Professions Scholarship Dinner as the primary fundraising event to benefit this fund, and the scholarships are presented at this dinner.
Sponsored By: Wennar Scholarship Committee
Number Given: Varies, between 3 and 5
Scholarship Amount: $3,000 – $5,000
Eligibility: Seniors graduating from a High School in Franklin County
Applications: Available at HS Guidance Offices or at the link above.
Deadline: April 1 each year
Award Presented: May
Contact: Kate Laddison, NMC Community Relations: (802) 524-1239