Price transparency and determining the cost of your care.
At NMC, we see price transparency as an obligation that serves our community well. Everyone has the right to choose where they receive medical care and pricing can be an important consideration. As you explore your options, we hope you will find that our combination of respected providers, focus on quality, commitment to access, and competitive pricing makes NMC the right choice for you.
PLEASE NOTE: All services with a “0” listed indicates that pricing varies reflective of market value at the time of service. Please contact our billing team and we will provide you with more information. Phone: 802-524-1048 Email: [email protected]
We provide several resources to help understand your care needs and provide an estimate of what your care will cost. Our goal is to help you better understand your insurance coverage and the deductibles, co-pays, and balances you are responsible for. Please keep in mind that with insurance coverages and government regulations frequently changing, as well as variables associated with your treatment, it can be difficult to predict the exact procedure cost.
How do I get an estimated cost for my upcoming procedure?
Email: [email protected]
Important note: The charges posted for these services are estimates and do not reflect your out-of-pocket amounts, such as coinsurance and deductibles. Out-of-pocket amounts are determined by insurance coverage held and will vary by individual. If you have any questions regarding these charge estimates or financial assistance policy please contact 802-524-1006 and you will be assisted accordingly. Please note that these charge estimates do not include other charges related to physician services such as anesthesia and radiology, and other services provided by independent providers not employed by Northwestern Medical Center, Inc.
- Description of Services or Current Procedural Technology (CPT) Code: Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. It’s helpful to provide the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code, which you can find on your physician’s order. If you cannot provide the CPT code, contact your physician's office for the CPT or a detailed description of the services.
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient Status: Your status as inpatient (a patient who stays in the hospital while under treatment) or outpatient (patient who receives medical treatment without being admitted to a hospital) may affect how you are billed, what your insurance will cover, and what you will owe for out-of-pocket.
- Insurance Information: The amount your insurance will cover varies depending on your insurance company’s benefits and your specific health plan policy. Please have the following insurance plan information available so we can better serve you:
- Member ID number
- Group number
- Policyholder's name
- Insurance company’s name
- Insurance company phone number
- Type of plan (HMO, POS, PPO, Indemnity)
Please keep in mind that the costs provided in this tool are informational cost estimates only and are not a guarantee of what you will actually be charged. The cost estimates are informed by the selected healthcare provider’s contract rates/fee schedule with your insurance carrier and are a general price estimate of the selected services. Your actual costs will be different (higher or lower) than the estimates on this cost estimation site for various reasons, such as:
- If the services you ultimately receive are different from the services selected during the estimation process (e.g., due to complications, secondary conditions, and/or other unknown factors). For example, for one person, a particular surgery may be relatively straight-forward, while another person can have unforeseen complications that will impact the cost.
- If the location of where your services are ultimately received differs from what is assumed during the estimation process.
- If your year-to-date benefit information changes from the time at which you receive the informational cost estimates and the ultimate time at which you receive care.
- If your healthcare provider’s contract with your insurance carrier changes.
- If you have a unique insurance plan design that is not currently supported by this tool.
Nothing on this site guarantees eligibility, coverage, or payment, or determines or guarantees the benefits, limitations, or exclusions of your insurance coverage. Your insurance coverage will ultimately determine the amount you owe (including deductibles, co-pay, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket maximums). In all cases, you will be responsible for the cost of services not covered by your insurance plan. For a complete description of the details of your insurance coverage, please refer to your coverage information from your healthcare insurance carrier. For more information on how your informational cost estimates were determined, please contact 802-524-1048.
When using this cost estimation tool, your information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of Northwestern Medical Center. Accordingly, Northwestern Medical Center assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, corruption or loss of any data or other information transmitted in connection with the use of this cost estimation tool.
Click here for details about financial assistance that may be available to you. We understand that healthcare billing can be quite complex, and if you would like to speak with a financial counselor about your bill, contact NMC’s the billing team at 802-524-1006.
For a copy of the full Patient Financial Assistance policy, click here: .