- Breast cancer
- Breast surgery
- Cancer care navigator
- Cancer education
- Cancer Rehabilitation Programs
- Cancer resources
- Cancer Screening
- Cancer Symptom Management
- Colon cancer
- Connection to Community Resources
- End of Life Care
- Mammography - Georgia site
- Palliative Care
- Skin cancer
Early detection for WendyWendy Campbell of Swanton has always been diligent about attending her annual physical. Unfortunately, the unthinkable happened; her mammogram indicated she had a lump so small that it could not yet be felt. Her physician, Dr. Frank Zsoldos, immediately set up an appointment with a local general surgeon, and within three days, her surgery at NMC was complete. Her cancer is in remission.
- Healthcare Advance Directives
- Assistance in applying for disability and/or retirement benefits
- Financial aid applications and referrals
- Insurance questions/applications
- Transportation assistance
- Home care and/or home nursing service referrals
- Skilled nursing or assisted living facility referrals and information
Did you know?
Our program has been fully accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons since 1992. We strive to meet the comprehensive needs of our patients through a collaborative approach.
We are fortunate to have an office of the Champlain Valley Hematology Oncology here on our campus. For patients who need Radiation Oncology as part of their treatment, we collaborate closely with University of Vermont Medical Center Radiation Oncology division and those services are provided at their site as an integrated approach to the patient’s overall care.
Led by the Cancer Committee, our program goals include a focus on the diagnosis, treatment and follow up of patients with all cancer types, on an outpatient basis, in which we use a multidisciplinary approach to treatment.
We have an active Tumor Board and we participate in the state wide Vermont Cancer Registry. Our Cancer Committee includes clinical and non-clinical members from NMC, the University of Vermont Medical Center, The American Cancer Society, Vermonters Taking Action Against Cancer (VTAAC) and the Vermont Department of Health.