The NMC Incorporators is a group of up to 150 local residents from throughout northwestern Vermont who serve as a formal connection between the hospital and the community we serve. The Incorporators meet twice a year, in May and November, to conduct their business.
3 Primary functions
- Electing the Board of Directors: NMC is governed by a 12-member Board of Directors. 11 of these members are elected by the Incorporators (the 12th member is the President of the Medical Staff, elected by the physicians).
- Approving the Bylaws: The corporate bylaws define the nature of the organization and how it is governed. Any changes to the bylaws must be approved by the Incorporators.
- Being Ambassadors and Advocates: At each Incorporators’ meeting, attendees hear updates from NMC’s Board, Medical Staff, Auxiliary, and Leadership. They also receive “The Headliner,” the hospital family’s monthly newsletter. This information, along with special correspondence, keeps members informed so they can help the community understand what resources are available right here, close to home. Incorporators also provide a voice of the community in the strategic planning process and can be an important source of local perspective on political discussions at the State or Federal levels.
Joining the Incorporators
For more information on becoming an Incorporator, please call the NMC Administration office at (802) 524-1054. If you would like to apply to become an NMC Incorporator, please fill out the Incorporators Application and return it to Northwestern Medical Center Administration Office by:
- Mail – NMC Administration, Attn: Chelsey Lawyer, 133 Fairfield Street, St. Albans, VT 05478
- Email – [email protected]
- Fax – (802) 524-1088