Our staff is ready to help assist those living with heart disease and lung conditions. Both our rehabilitation programs take phased approaches to work with you at your own pace. Our programs take place in our first-floor gym located in the Cobblestone Health Commons building where you will work with skilled Physical Therapists, Nurses and Athletic Trainers.
NMC Rehab offers cardiac rehab services on an outpatient basis in our gym in the Cobblestone building on NMC’s Campus.
We begin with a group class that is offered 3 days/week for 1 hr. The class combines exercise, education and socialization to help individuals that have experienced a life-changing cardiac event. Individual treatment plans are created with our Registered Nurse, athletic trainer, dietician and YOU to help you meet your goals and adopt healthy lifestyle changes.
Upon completing our classes we welcome you back to our open gym program for supervised continuation of exercises in our phase III program. Questions about our program? Please call 802-524-1064. We work closely with your cardiologist and our Medical Director to assure we have an order from your doctor and a stress test at the beginning of the program. We work closely with Northwestern Cardiology and other provider offices and are happy to help.
Our Cardiac Rehab program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. The certification requires programs to meet certain outcomes for patients and we are proud to report that at NMC:
- 75% of our patients that completed CR program in 2022 improved their max mets/exercise performance by the 40% gold standard
- 81% of our patients that completed CR program in 2022 were discharged with optimal blood pressure
- 77% of our patients that completed CR program in 2022 made a meaningful reduction in their depression scores by 1 level on PHQ9- standard tool
- 100% of our patients that completed CR program in 2022 that were tobacco users or history of tobacco users were provided with appropriate resource and support
NMC Rehab offers pulmonary rehab with a skilled physical therapist. An initial evaluation with you and the physical therapist will create a treatment plan to help meet your goals. We include activity modification, pacing and breathing techniques throughout your treatment. Our goal is to help you improve your functional breathing patterns throughout your daily activities.
While participating in pulmonary rehab we encourage our patients to come to our open gym for supervised exercise as able. Upon completing pulmonary rehab we welcome you back to continue independently and optimize your adoption of lifestyle changes.
We work closely with Northwestern Pulmonology – learn more about them online here.
- Cardiac education
- Cardiac support
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Heart attack recovery
- Heart condition management
- Heart rate monitoring
- Heart surgery recovery
- Lung health education
- Nutrition counseling
- Supervised medical exercise
- Wellness coaching
We want to help you get tobacco out of your life and have partnered with 802Quits to make it easier for you to quit. 802Quits is Vermont’s resource for quitting smoking and other tobacco, offering free, personalized help, including:
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Education and advice on other medications or alternative options
- In-person, group, phone, and on-line support
- Ongoing support after you’ve quit, including virtual tobacco cessation groups that help you quit from the comfort of your home.
Wherever you are on your path to quitting, find help at 802quits.org.