Our Commitment to You:
- NMC will bill your health plan, automobile or workers compensation insurer for covered services before billing you (except for co-pays, co-insurance, or deductibles).
- NMC will make reasonable efforts to obtain referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications from your health plan.
- NMC will also provide payment plans if you are uninsured or have large balances after insurance.
Your Responsibility as Our Patient:
Provide us with your health plan information and let us know when a service is covered by a party other than your health plan; such as auto insurance or a worker compensation plan. Bring your insurance card with you anytime you come to a hospital.
Present your co-pay when checking in for your appointment.
Keep us updated with your personal information including home address, employer information, and telephone numbers.
Know your insurance coverage, and be aware of any out of pocket expenses.
NMC has a financial assistance program designed to support those that may not be able to afford the amount that would be payable by the patient.
Click here for details about financial assistance that may be available to you. We understand that healthcare billing can be quite complex, and if you would like to speak with a financial counselor about your bill, contact NMC’s the billing team at 802-524-1006.
About Your Bill
Please note that you may receive multiple bills for your visit.
Here is an example:
You get an X-Ray from NMC’s Diagnostic Imaging Department. This test will result in two bills:
1) A hospital bill for all costs incurred during your test
2) A physician bill from the radiologist for the interpretation of your test
These are two separate companies billing you for their services, therefore each payment should be sent to the correct billing address provided on the bill.
NMC partners with other organizations to provide services and testing that we currently do not offer. In certain situations, there may be a chance that you will receive a bill from another organization.
For example, we partner with UVM Medical Center for their expertise in pathology, and to ensure you are receiving the best care possible. If we perform a biopsy, results are sent to UVM, a pathologist will review the results, provide direction on treatment; and you will receive a bill for this service.
Each visit is unique and the coverage for each test is different depending on your insurance coverage. In some circumstance your provider may perform additional tests or procedures that will incur additional charges that are your responsibility. If you have any questions regarding these services please feel free to give us a call.
If you have any questions regarding your bill, we will be happy to review it with you, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
- For Hospital Billing questions: Call (802) 524-1065 to reach Patient Financial Services or Email email@example.com. Click here to pay your bill online.