This report provides comparative data about Vermont hospital quality, patient satisfaction, pricing and financial information. In addition, it provides information about Northwestern Medical Center’s quality improvement initiatives, strategic initiatives, governance and process for filing a complaint. To view this information, click on any of the topics below.
Explore Hospital Quality Ratings and Data. You can get a “snapshot” of quality of Vermont hospitals by looking at the following aspects of healthcare: Deaths and Readmissions:
- How each hospital’s performance on the readmission and death (mortality) measures compares to the national rate.
- How recently-discharged patients responded to a national survey about their hospital experience. For example, how well did a hospital’s doctors and nurses communicate with patients and manage their pain.
- How often and quickly each hospital gives recommended treatments for certain conditions like heart attack, heart failure, and pneumonia. This section also explores how facilities follow best practices to prevent surgical complications for common procedures.
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection
- Infection Following Abdominal Hysterectomy Surgery
- Infection Following Hip Replacement Surgery
- Infection Following Knee Replacement Surgery
- Budget summary
- Financial information and benchmarks
- Cost shift information
- Hospital Spending
- Top 50 inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures and their hospital charges.
- Physician and hospital charges for common outpatient diagnostic procedures and visits.
- Budget and Financial Information
- Cost Shift Information
- Financial Health Benchmarks & Indicators can be found on this page
- Hospital Capital Investments