Explore Hospital Quality Ratings and Data. You can get a “snapshot” of quality of Vermont hospitals by looking at the following aspects of healthcare:
Deaths and Readmissions:
- How each hospital’s performance on the readmission and death (mortality) measures compares to the national rate.
- How recently-discharged patients responded to a national survey about their hospital experience. For example, how well did a hospital’s doctors and nurses communicate with patients and manage their pain.
- How often and quickly each hospital gives recommended treatments for certain conditions like heart attack, heart failure, and pneumonia. This section also explores how facilities follow best practices to prevent surgical complications for common procedures.
This section provides information on infections that occur while the patient is in the hospital. Many healthcare-associated infections can be prevented when the hospitals use CDC-Recommended Infection Control Steps.
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection
- Infection Following Abdominal Hysterectomy Surgery
- Infection Following Hip Replacement Surgery
- Infection Following Knee Replacement Surgery
Nursing Care Hours refers to the number of hours of nursing care provided on a hospital unit, compared to the number of patients on that unit during a 24-hour period. A higher number may indicate that a hospital provides a higher level of patient care.
This section provides information on NMC’s:
- Budget summary
- Financial information and benchmarks
- Cost shift information
- Hospital Spending
- Top 50 inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures and their hospital charges.
- Physician and hospital charges for common outpatient diagnostic procedures and visits.
- Budget and Financial Information
- Cost Shift Information
- Financial Health Benchmarks & Indicators can be found on this page
- Hospital Capital Investments
See NMC’s Discount and Free Care Policy. Find Financial and Pricing Information for all Vermont community hospitals here. Find Discount and Free Care Policies for all Vermont community hospitals.
Read about strategic initiatives to meet health care needs in our community and opportunities for public participation in strategic planning. NMC’s strategic planning is shaped by our Community Health Needs Assessment, and we are constantly working to address the priorities identified by that assessment. Read about our actions addressing the CHNA as our Annual Progress Report on this page.
Read about hospital governance, our Incorporators and our Leadership Team, including our public meeting schedule and contact information.
Read about the Hospital Complaint Process.
See Current Report Cards for other Vermont Hospitals