Five Healthcare Scholarships Awarded to Local Seniors
Five Franklin County high school seniors were recently awarded scholarships towards their health-related degree programs from the Martin H. Wennar, MD Health Education Fund.
The $3000.00 scholarships were presented at a fund-raising event held at The Bliss Room at the St. Albans Museum. NMC’s CEO Peter J. Wright welcomed attendees and Rachael Shepardson-Rudden, RN was the guest speaker. Dr. Frank Zelazo presented the awards to the honorees.
The 2023 recipients of the scholarships are:
- Kayla Gervais from EFHS, who will be studying nursing
- Eleanor Maguire from MVU, who will be studying nursing
- Madeline Saunders from MVU, who will be studying nursing
- John Viens from RHS, who will be studying physical therapy
- Sierra Yates from BFA, who will be studying physical therapy
Each year, the Martin H. Wennar Health Professions Scholarships are presented to graduating high school seniors entering collegiate studies in a healthcare field. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and community service.
Congratulations to these winners, and we look forward to hearing about their successful healthcare careers in the future.