In alignment with updated guidance for the safety of patients, staff, and community members, NMC is now allowing limited visitation. We know family members and loved ones play a key role in supporting and comforting those who are sick and ill, however, as we seek to prevent the spread of COVID-19, adjusted limitations are still necessary.
- Visitors must be screened prior to entrance – and must have an absence of symptoms.
- Visitors must wear a face covering.
- Visitors must be over the age of 18.
- Visitors must remain in the patient room when in the organization.
COVID-19 Related Instances:
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of patients who are COVID-19 positive or with pending COVID-19 test results.
For Outpatient Appointments/Emergency Department:
- For Adults in OP/ED: Visitation will be facilitated though technology if possible. One screened visitor may accompany a patient, if required to facilitate decision making or access to care;
- For Pediatric patients in OP/ED: May be accompanied by one screened parent or support person.
- Progressive Care Unit: One screened visitor at a time;
- Family Birth Center patients: One screened support person;
- Pediatric patients: One screened parent or support person;
- Surgery (ambulatory): One screened person to escort;
- Patients at End of Life: visitation managed by the care team;
Remember, visitors are expected to bring and wear a mask. Thank you for your cooperation in these safety efforts.