To protect patients, staff, and community members during the outbreak of COVID-19, NMC is currently restricting visitation. We know family members and loved ones play a key role in supporting and comforting those who are sick and ill, however, as we seek to prevent the spread of COVID-19, this temporary change is necessary.
Until further notice, no visitors will be allowed with the following limited exceptions and guidelines:
- Visitors must be screened prior to entrance – and must have an absence of symptoms.
- Visitors must be over the age of 18.
- The individual visitor for a patient must remain the same through the duration of stay.
- Visitors must remain in the patient room when in the organization.
COVID-19 Related Instances:
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of patients who are COVID-19 positive and/or with pending COVID-19 test results (unless at end-of-life or as outlined for the Family Birth Center below).
Emergency Department, NMC Physician Practices & Outpatient Appointments, including Diagnostic Imaging, Laboratory, etc:
- For Adults in ED/Practices/OP: Visitors may not accompany patients unless the patient requires support and assistance to access their appointment and visitor is screened;
- For Pediatric patients in ED/Practices/OP: may have one screened parent or support person.
- Family Birth Center patients: One screened support person;
- Pediatric patients: One screened parent or support person;
- Surgery (ambulatory): Only if needed, one screened person to escort;
- Patients at End of Life: visitation managed by the care team;
- Other Rare Exceptions: One consistent screened support person may be permitted in other rare circumstances, such as patients with cognitive impairment or disability.
- To speak to an inpatient by telephone, please call 524-5911.