NMC is staying in close communication with the team at St. Albans Health & Rehab, a privately-owned local long term care facility which has experienced positive tests for COVID-19 among some residents and staff. As we share their team’s concern for their residents and staff, NMC has joined the Vermont Department of Health in helping advise on the situation.
In a St. Albans Messenger report, Health Commissioner Dr. Mark Levine emphasized that “the best way to prevent outbreaks within long-term care centers is by controlling the spread of COVID-19 in the wider community.” Vermont has been a national leader in containing the spread of COVID-19. As our numbers increase and vulnerable populations are threatened, we must each do our part to protect others. Please join in:
- wearing a face covering in public;
- using social distancing of six feet between people;
- washing your hands frequently and thoroughly;
- refraining from socializing in person with people outside your household;
- being fully attentive to quarantine guideline if you do have to travel; and
- staying home and contacting your primary care provider when you are ill.
Within our own facilities, NMC has taken the difficult step of restricting visitation to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. We continue to screen everyone on entry and use enhanced cleaning and other transmission prevention protocols. We continue to offer telemedicine visits as an option, as many patients have found those to be very convenient. To learn more about NMC’s approach, visit: https://www.northwesternmedicalcenter.org/patients-visitors/for-patients/open-and-safe/