Northwestern Medical Center recently held its annual Employee Recognition Banquet, recognizing staff at five year milestones of service. The yearly event honors NMC’ers who reach the five-year mark and then those at each 5 year increment above that milestone.
Over 90 employees were honored this year, with the longest years of service at 25, 30 and 40 years. Staff in those top categories included:
- Amy Centabar, PT, 25 Years
- Bonnie Day, Radiologic Technologist, 25 years
- Shelley Howrigan, RN, 25 Years
- Stephanie Koch, Clinical Resource RN, 25 years
- Lindsay Thieken, Process Improvement Specialist, 25 years
- Lori Columb, Patient Accounts Representative, 30 years
- Annette Dragoon, RN Clinical Informaticist, 30 Years
- Lesley Palmer, Coordinator Clinical Safety and Health, 30 Years
- Deborah Timmerman, Senior Pharmacy Technician, 30 years
- Tammy Cyr, Coder, 40 years
The banquet was held at the Abbey in Sheldon and included a social hour and buffet dinner. The event also includes the recognition of NMC’s Service Excellence All Star of the Year. The selection of an All Star of the Year is the culmination of the 5-Star Caring recognition program in which patients, visitors and colleagues write “Caught You Caring” cards for staff. Outstanding Caught You Caring recipients are chosen as quarterly Rising Stars and one quarterly winner is honored as the annual All Star.
This year’s recipient was Nurse Practitioner Matt Boone who works both in NMC’s Emergency Department. Boone received many patient comments along with those from co-workers about his patience, his care and compassion, his work ethic and his positive nature.