After hundreds of amazing applications over the past couple of months, the New York-Penn League’s Vermont Lake Monsters are pleased to announce the nine kids named to the 2015 Little Lake Monsters Community All-Stars, brought to you by Northwestern Urgent Care.
The nine winners were selected by a committee based on their answers to three questions that focused on sportsmanship, living a healthy lifestyle and their efforts in the community. Each of the winners will be rewarded with an experience of a lifetime, and live the life of a professional baseball player for a day on Friday, August 14th.
“The Little Lake Monsters Community All-Stars program was created to get kids and families talking and thinking about important issues and life lessons, and giving kids something to strive for,” said Lake Monsters’ Executive Director, Sales & Marketing, Nate Cloutier. “Living a healthy lifestyle, being a good sport, and doing good things in your community are important values to our partner Northwestern Medical Center as well, so this promotion is a winner for everyone involved. To see the smiles on these nine kids faces is truly what it is all about!”
This year’s Little Lake Monsters Community All-Stars are:
• Barret Barrows (Vergennes, VT)
• Dakota Brink (Mooers Forks, NY)
• Zander Clark (West Fairlee, VT)
• Joshua Lovejoy (Westford, VT)
• Cayley Renaudette (Franklin, VT)
• Olivia Sanborn (Richmond, VT)
• Anson Seibert (St. Albans, VT)
• Lucas Templeton (Milton, VT)
• Corey Wemple (Shelburne, VT)
“Northwestern Medical Center is thrilled to partner with the Lake Monsters again this year for this innovative program that supports our hospital’s core values of health and wellness. It’s a great way to celebrate kids’ efforts to be healthy and encourage families to adopt healthier lifestyles,” said Jill Berry Bowen, Northwestern Medical Center’s Chief Executive Officer.
Each of the winners will experience what it is like to be a Lake Monster player for a day on August 14th, and will:
• Sign a one-day promotional baseball contract with the Lake Monsters at a press conference, where they will receive their very own custom Lake Monsters jersey and cap
• Their contract will be signed by Oakland’s Athletics General Manager, Billy Beane, and each All-Star will be represented by Vermonter and professional sports agent, Jamie Murphy of TWC Baseball, who represents several Major League Baseball players, such as Evan Longoria, and Nick Markakis, among others
• Take a limousine from the press conference to Centennial Field, where they will meet members of the Vermont Lake Monsters team and take batting practice on the field
• Throw out a ceremonial first pitch to that night’s game
• Join the Lake Monsters on the field for the National Anthem
• Sit in the dugout during the game for an inning
• Receive their very own custom Vermont Lake Monsters baseball card
• and much more!
For more information on the Vermont Lake Monsters’ community efforts, please visit the Community tab at www.vermontlakemonsters.com. To help celebrate these nine young superstars on August 14th and to buy your tickets, please call 802-655-6611 or pick your seats and print your tickets online at www.vermontlakemonsters.com.
For media inquiries and questions regarding the program, please contact Nate Cloutierat (802) 655-4200 or [email protected].