NMC’s Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) meet last week and reflected on the work the group has accomplished in its first six months.
Some of the accomplishments reviewed included learning about Lean Daily Management and the Gemba Walk at NMC, development of a webpages devoted to quality initiatives and patient advocacy, meeting the new Inpatient Pediatric team, creating comfort kits for use on the FBC and PCU and more.
The PFAC is a key action in the hospital’s Quality Plan to strengthen communication and collaboration between patients, their families, providers and hospital staff. Members include:
- Albin Voegele of St. Albans
- Karrie Sweet of East Fairfield
- Robyn Klein of Highgate Center
- Winnie Wilkinson of St. Albans
- Martha DesLauriers of St. Albans
- Elizabeth Johnson of St. Albans