RiseVT is a community collaborative to embrace healthier lifestyles, improve the quality of life and lower healthcare costs where we live, work, learn, and play.
RiseVT motivates, inspires and works with individuals and families to help them make small changes in their lives that will have a big impact on their health. In addition, RiseVT has strategically placed Health Advocates around Franklin and Grand Isle to work with schools, businesses and municipalities to wrap around our residents to create an environment where the healthy choice is the easiest choice.
This innovative initiative launched in June 2015 and is funded through Northwestern Medical Center. Visit the RiseVT website for more information and to take the pledge to get involved!
How it Works
RiseVT targets five groups to most effectively reach throughout our community:
- Businesses – building innovative, flexible work-site wellness programming
- Schools – tapping into the energy and spirit of our teachers, educators, mentors and children
- Childcare – committed to and actively creating healthy environments for the children
- Municipalities – creating healthy environments and policy change to support them
- Individuals – creating sustainable change through engagement with RiseVT