The Family Birth Center
Welcome To The Family Birth Center
Each baby is a new beginning— a new life story unfolding and a new chapter in a family's life. Our Family Birth Center is a great place for new beginnings, offering many of the comforts of home, while providing the security of current technology. We support personalized birth experiences, including education in infant care and breast feeding. For those rare instances when even more specialized care is needed, we have strong relationships with the neonatal center at The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington. In addition to maternal and newborn care, we also provide care for a wide variety of women’s health needs, and pediatrics.
Our passion is to provide highest level of quality care using current research to guide our evidence-based practices. Here on the Family Birth Center, we strive to make your experience a memorable one. Our nurses and providers truly care about what they do and pride themselves in their skills and personal approach to care.
How We Rise Above
Our team of providers will welcome you to the Family Birth Center with both a depth of knowledge and a warm, friendly approach. Here are just some of the elements that set us apart from other birthing centers.
- 33% of our Registered Nurses also hold higher certifications in specialty areas such as Obstetrics, Labor and Delivery, and Newborn Care.
- All of our nurses have had extensive training in order to help support breastfeeding. We also provide access to International Board Certified Lactation Consultants onsite to help with breastfeeding.
- On some weekdays, a volunteer harpist comes to play a few lullabies in each room.
- We provide an individualized plan of care based on each patient’s specific needs.
- We are progressive in patient education and ensure our patients go home with the knowledge they need to appropriately care for themselves and their children.
- Families go home with a special, easy-to-prepare meal packed by our Restaurant and Catering team and packaged in a re-usable insulated lunch bag which is also perfect for storing breastmilk.
- Access to an International Board Certified Lactation Consultants onsite to help with breastfeeding.
NMC's Family Birth Center offers a wide range of services for mothers, families and children, with some of the key areas listed below: